Sunday, April 8, 2012

Why I am starting to Blog

Prior to March 2002 I felt as if life had knocked me down because I weighed 300 pounds.  Even though I'd been exercising since my daughter was 3 months old,  I remained at 300 pounds because I was a compulsive and emotional overeater.


In March 2002 I realized that I had reached rock bottom with my health, eating and fitness.  But somehow I found the guts to get up.  I also realized that there was beauty in a breakdown.


I stopped lying to myself, my family and the world and began facing my problems head on and gradually scaled back on the amount and type of food I was eating.  And threw out my scale for 18 months and did some soul searching as to why I was eating the way I was.  During that time I ramped up my workouts to include the elliptical, running, weight training, rowing and  cycling. 
When I weighed myself on my birthday, I had lost 100 pounds and eventually lost 10 more thru additional efforts.



In 2006 I became a personal trainer and established Sporty Diva in 2007 to promote health and wellness thru various channel and provide support, encouragement, education, inspiration and motivation with a philanthropic//pay it forward mission. 

I believe in giving more than I receive and want to help make this world a healthier and fitter place.   We are all in this life together.

Please join me in future discussions about health, wellness, fitness, athletic gear, running, weight lifting, pilates, yoga, food, motivation, family, recipies etc.

Be well in all you do today,


Rosie Rose Coates.....The Sporty Diva




Expect everything of yourself; there is no limit to what you achieve if you put no limits. Do not ever put any achievement out of your purview if it is something you might want. Keep your childhood dreams with you as an adult. They are a reflection of how your soul is trying to guide you in life. Failing is okay. If you try 10 times, you may fail nine of them, but it is only the one success that counts. Use outward goals to direct your progress, but remember that ultimately the path you take is more important than the end you reach~~ Divya Chanderhttp://www.sportydiva.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment