Sunday, July 15, 2012

Rosie's 40 Mile Run/Adventure on 7.14.12 ....Women's Day Magazine 7.12 Article and Sporty Diva Events



I believe that my attitude can make or break me and your attitude can make or break you. I also believe in having goals and dreams that I am willing to work on until the cows come home.
I did my 40 mile run/adventure yesterday and oh what a joy it was to do and COMPLETE! I'm still a little swollen, sore and stiff tonight as I write this but it's all good.
I started at 0530 the weather started out cool and overcast.
I ran thru Parkland, Spanaway, Puyallup and Tacoma- ended on the waterfront and had to work it like a full time job and then some!
Funny thing in June I recruited my husband to be my one and only crew member.....without his consent of course, but low and behold when I started planning the route and times with him it became so confusing on his part that I thought it would be easier for me to do my own thing and to call if I needed something!
Mile 16......Bathroom, ViSalus Pro energy drink, 2 bananas, pretzles
Mile 22......Starbucks, quad espresso over ice, donut, mike and ikes.....stretching.....belly full.....kept it pushing
Mile 28.......diet Dr. Pepper, donut.......feeling a little delirious and questioning my sanity
Mile 30.......bathroom......hmmmm, am I having a midlife crisis already!
Mile 32.......pretzles, red vines......nooooo, no midlife crisis.......feeling like a beast-feet are swollen, back pack is irritating the F@$& out of me
Mile 35.......ViSalus Pro energy drink.......placed call to Ron to meet me on the waterfront!
Mile 40........yes, I'm dooooooonnnnneeeee and about to become undone..........took my shoes off and sat my a%# down. Ron was awesome-he brought me some smoked salmon to eat on the way home.
The Route: 128th/Golden Given to 112th......left on 112th to Spanaway Loop Road.....left on SLR to Military Road/152nd......152nd to Pacific......left on Pacific to 132/Brookdale.......right on 132 to Golden Given.......left on GG to 128th.....right on 128th to Meridian......left on Meridian to 112th to 94th....left on 94th to 128th.....right on 128th to Canyon........right on Canyon to 112th......left on 112th to Portland......right on Portland to Puyallup.......left on Puyallup to Tacoma Avenue......right on Tacoma to Schuster Parkway/waterfront......down the waterfront to the new condos and back the beginning of the waterfront......the end xoxo


Women's Day Magazine July 2012 Article:


Sporty Diva's 3rd Annual Ladies Night Out

Come out and enjoy a wonderful meal in a festive environment with friends, food, fun, laughter, conversation.... who could ask for anything more in one evening?
at The Old Spaghetti Factory in Tacoma on August 17, 2012     6:30 to 9:00       

25.00 purchase your tickets at EventBrite.com


Sporty Diva's Half Marathon, 15k, 10k and 5k Walk/Run at Chambers Bay on 9.15.12
As a passionate and motivated fitness enthusiast I love to help people with their fitness goals ~we are all in this life together.

My goal....vision....dream....wish and prayer is to continue to reach folks with my personal story and to help motivate people to pursue a healthier and active lifestyle. And to show that perfection doesn't exist but thru trial and error they can get whatever their "it" is. Sporty Diva Walk~Run Events are designed to encourage, motivate and inspire the first time athlete and or people who are returning to fitness in a fun, friendly and supportive~non-competitive race environment with a philanthropic/ pay it forward mission.

Proceeds will benefit:
The Pierce County Humane Society
The N.A.L.L.S Foudation (Nourishing and Loving Lost Souls) provides resources to the homeless community in Pierce County.
45.00 until July 28, 2012    RunSignUp.com      Active.com   SignMeUp.com   EventBrite.com


 








No comments:

Post a Comment